1) Dr. Quigley was homeschooled for a bit of time. Her homeschool experience was positive.
2) She fell in love with science pretty quickly. Chemistry was her favorite. She went to Spelman College for Chemistry but soon found that Physics made more sense to her.
3) She knows and believes that the "hidden" curriculum and the mastering of it is the thing that contributes to the well being of students while in college and in high school.
4) The steps to STEM are really taught in high school or college. They should be.
5)She talks about the engineering process, engineering mindset and how it can be applied across disciplines.
6) She has been able to apply her science and engineering background to data science and AI and sees the value that all things STEM can bring to social justice movements all over the world.
Dr. Lauren Quigley Bio:
Dr. Quigley is a research-driven STEM education specialist with 10+ years of progressive experience leading STEM Education programs in higher education, nonprofit, government, and industry settings. Proven leader with the ability to combine vision, research, policy, and practice in order to design, launch and reorient STEM education initiatives.
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/stemminginstilettos)