1) Rasheeda is determined to live her life OUT LOUD!!!
2) She is not your stereotypical computer programmer and she plans to never be that person. She has a level of what she calls "go get it-ness" which means she's always striving for something. She's always learning.
3) She believes that you must be strategic in your career plan.
4) Sometimes you really do have to leave to get what you want.
5) Remember that you work but you also have to live. Don't let work be the only thing in your life. Have some outlets that bring you joy.
6) You must be a speaker box for yourself.
Rasheeda Williams Bio:
Rasheeda is a successful professional with over 25 years in the I/T STEM field. She has 3 sons and enjoys motivating and inspiring young BIPOC boys and girls. Her desire is to be a face and voice for the STEM field with the hope of changing the narrative as to what techies look like as well as to create awareness around the roles of the numbers in the field. She is passionate about being a change agent and making a difference in the lives of youth and young adults. She is currently writing a book to chronicle her experiences as a black female in tech with chapters focusing on knowing your worth, navigating Corporate America, Negotiating salary, and more.
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/stemminginstilettos)