1. Da' Shaun has an unusual STEM story. She says that STEM chose her. You will have to listen to her story to see how true that is.
2. She believes that if she's called to it, then she's going to do it. STEM and Arts and STEAM and business are her areas of excellence.
3. Her motto is "Say Yes, and Lets See What Happens."
4. Her creativity is the thing that allows her to be the best STEM person, STEM Advocate that she can be.
5. She wants women to know that they have agency and choice. Don't forget it.
Da'Shaun Joseph Bio
Da’Shaun Antionette Joseph is the CEO of D.A. Joseph LLC where she manages the brands Boom Speaks and Boom Productions. Through her brands and service, her personal mission is to inspire, empower, and impact.
Da’Shaun is a professional engineer and growth-focused leader with more than 12 years of experience in public speaking, sales, and consulting. Her expertise in equity, leadership development, empowerment, STEAM advocacy, intersectionality, colorism, emotional intelligence, and program management has allowed her the opportunity to speak, moderate, and host various conferences, keynotes, and seminars related to those topics. She has served on the chapter, regional, and national executive boards for the National Society of BlackEngineers, Urban League, and various advisory boards including the Norfolk state University Computer Science Advisory Board, ArtBAE, and the Virginia Council on Women.
Da’Shaun received her M.S. in Systems Engineering from George Washington University and is a proud graduate of Norfolk StateUniversity, where she completed a B.S. in Computer Engineering
on a full academic scholarship. She is a proud member of Delta SigmaTheta Sorority, Inc. and has earned a Program Management Professional (PMP), Social Marketing, and ITIL certification.
You can find out more information about Dr. Toshia here:
STEMming in Stilettos Youtube Channel: https://youtu.be/xAc25J7UH9A